Dan T. Moore III
CURRENT TRUSTEESHIPS AND DIRECTORSHIPS
Cleveland Clinic Foundation (CCF), Cleveland, Ohio: A medical/research center based in Cleveland, with approximately 40,000 employees and $6 billion in revenues. Mr. Moore is a trustee and serves on Conflict of Interest, Government & Community Relations and Development Committees.
Cleveland State University (CSU), Cleveland, Ohio.: State University with approximately 17,000 FTE equivalent students. Mr. Moore is a trustee and chairs the educational advancement committee.
Cleveland Metroparks, Cleveland, Ohio: Mr. Moore serves President of the three-member Board of Park Commissioners overseeing Cleveland’s Metroparks system with 22,000 acres.
JobsOhio Independent Review Panel: Mr. Moore was appointed by the governor to oversee the JobsOhio’s grant and loan programs.
Great Lakes Protection Fund: Mr. Moore serves as a Director of the Great Lakes Protection Fun, which was established in 1988 by the governors of the Great Lakes states to identify, demonstrate, and promote regional action to enhance the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
Cleveland Museum of Natural History: Mr. Moore serves as an Emeritus Trustee to the Museum, founded in 1920, with the mission of providing young people and adults with an understanding and appreciation for nature. The Museum has a significant education mission with Cleveland and suburban school systems. It has one the nation’s largest natural history collections.
Park-Ohio, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio: Mr. Moore serves as a Director of Park-Ohio, a diversified company providing integrated logistics services, and manufacturing forgings, aluminum casting, and capital equipment for induction heating. Traded on NYSE.
Senior Advisor to Molded Fiber Glass (MFG) Ashtabula, Ohio: MFG produced the first Chevrolet Corvette in 1954 and has continued to be a pioneer in reinforced plastics (FRP) design and production.
Western Reserve Partners, Cleveland, Ohio: Adviser to a start-up merchant bank serving middle market clients.
University School, Cleveland, Ohio: Grades 1-12 boys’ day school.
Harvard Business School Club, Cleveland, Ohio: An alumni group planning educational functions and community undertakings.
PAST TRUSTEESHIPS AND DIRECTORSHIPS
Invacare Corporation, Elyria, Ohio: Invacare Corporation is a producer of durable medical products, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, patient aids, and oxygen concentrators. Mr. Moore became a director in 1979 as a member of the group purchasing the company. In subsequent years, annualized sales have increased from $18 million to $1.3 billion. Traded on NYSE.
Hawk Group of Companies, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio: These companies are major producers of airplane brakes, heavy equipment clutches, powdered metal products. Traded on NYSE, the company was acquired by Carlisle Companies in 2010.
U.S. Enrichment Corporation (USEC), Bethesda, Maryland: Joined USEC at the time it was spun off from the Department of Energy. USEC, traded on the NYSE, is the world’s largest enricher of uranium for nuclear power plants, and is the DOE contractor that imported enriched Russian uranium extracted from Russian nuclear weapons. Dan was the Chairman of USEC’s Technical Committee of the Board of Directors.
Cleveland Cuyahoga County Port Authority, Cleveland Ohio: Was appointed by Mayor White to serve on the Port Authority, which has maritime and economic development objectives.
Neighborhood Development Investment Fund Committee (NDIF), Cleveland, Ohio: Was appointed by Mayor White to serve. This organization was charged with investing City funds in housing, commercial and industrial development projects.
- Initiated in 2003, in conjunction with the Harvard Business School Club and several others, an entrepreneurship program developing teams of individuals that work on start-up and leverage buyout business deals. Turned project over to the new JumpStart Inc. in 2004, but remains an active participant in the program.
- Initiated a Junior Achievement Program at East Technical High School.
- In conjunction with the Small Business Administration (SBA) and four other Harvard graduates, initiated a consulting program for African American SBA applicants.
- Has been an active participant in creating Wendy Park at Whiskey Island through a bargain sale transaction sold the property to Cuyahoga county in 2004.
- Developed Cleveland Industrial Innovation Center (CIIC) at E. 170th and St. Clair in Collinwood – a 61-acre 750,000 sq. ft. industrial facility that is dedicated to industrial activities.
- In May-June of 2007, Dan took a motorcycle tour from Istanbul, Turkey to Xian, China. In 2009/2010 he rode his motorcycle along the U.S. Continental Divide from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Ushuaia, Argentina, a 22,000 mile trip. In 2012 he rode from Cape Town, South Africa to Cairo Egypt. He captured the various cultures in writing and photo at his blog, www.dantmoore3.com.
Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration
BA, Economics, 1963